September 17, 2012

Review: Christmas Cash by Maggie Casper

Author - Maggie Casper
Genre - Erotic Romance
Series - Raising Cain #1
Format - Ebook (54p.)
Rating - 5/5 stars
Read an excerpt

If you can't beat him, irritate the hell out of him. Moving back home to Chaos, Texas wasn't working out quite the way Noelle had planned. The last thing she expected was a seasonal job that included dressing up as Mrs. Claus while ringing a bell for charity, but thanks to Cash McCain, she wasn't left much of a choice.

Cash can't believe what ten years can do for a woman. The last time he'd seen Noelle, she'd been all knees and elbows. Now a woman grown yet still ten years his junior, thus too young for him, Noelle has filled out in a way that should be illegal.

When Cash refuses her a job at Raising Cain, a Texas honky-tonk run by the McCain siblings, she takes it upon herself to make his life miserable. Who could have imagined the damage a tiny, tinkling bell could cause to a man's sanity? But when things heat up, Cash begins to think that raising a little cane with the likes of Noelle might not be such a bad thing after all.

• Review •
I loved, loved, loved CHRISTMAS CASH! The writing was awesome, as were the characters (I especially loved Noelle), the humor, and yes, the very hot smexy times! This was a fast paced short story that totally hit the spot for me. Despite a couple small hiccups that I'll get to in a minute, I cannot wait to read the other books in this series. Or anything else Maggie Casper might write! Awesome, awesome book. All around quick, fun and hot read that I highly recommend.

So, let me get to those small hiccups that —ultimately— prevented me from adding CHRISTMAS CASH to my Favorites list. First is the lack of anything truly Christmas-y. Even the Mrs. Claus costume was only mentioned once and the rest of the time it was as if she was wearing everyday clothing. Personally, I felt that that part of the plot was pretty weak and could have been left off completely. Secondly, I never got why these characters loved each other. With Noelle it was never even brought up and with Cash his reasoning was shallow and very disappointing. Being an erotic romance I'm sure I don't need to spell it out. I did ease up a little based on the fact he works in a bar and is a man… not exactly the brightest bulb in the box.

Cover musings:

Doesn't do anything for me. I've seen better and I've seen worse.

Favorite moment:

- After Noelle and Cash's first time together and she completely brushes him off… Seriously, PRICELESS! Could not stop laughing at Cash's reaction.

★★★★★

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love when a book surprises us with awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^