September 1, 2012

Review: Out Of Control by Kate Kelly

Author - Kate Kelly
Genre - Romantic Suspense
Series - Stolen Hearts Prequel
Format - Ebook (80p.)
Rating - 3/5 stars

It was supposed to be one night of passion - that turned into a crazy, unforgettable month. Until Serena McGregor finally walked away from undercover FBI agent Nick DeMarco. Six months later, her elusive scent still haunting him, Nick is ready to risk his career to prove Serena is innocent of a five million dollar heist.

As an archivist, Serena likes tidy things, filed away in an orderly fashion. Too bad the only category Nick falls under is a heartache waiting to happen. He’s too much. Too passionate, too beautiful, and he definitely won’t stick around after he discovers all her secrets. But as a suspect in the robbery of the century, Serena can’t refuse his help. That’s not all she can’t refuse. Will this mismatched couple discover they have more in common than they imagine?


• Review •
OUT OF CONTROL started out really great. I loved it a lot despite some minor problems. Honestly, I only had issues with a few misspelled and missing words (not many) and normal grammar mistakes, mainly how the author used ?'s in place of —'s. Made some sentences pretty confusing. The writing style didn't always work for me, but in the end, I'd read more from this author. This story was definitely very solid I thought. It's fast-paced, intriguing, and captivating. Not edge-of-my-seat exciting or anything, but there's still one good action scene in there.

But, what completely ruined the book for me was the abrupt end. I think the author was trying for a cliffhanger but missed the mark totally. Very disappointing. There's potential there to be a truly awesome book, but as it is, OUT OF CONTROL is pretty sub par. I'd like to read the other books in the series, but am now very leery if this is the quality I can expect. Even though this a quick read, I don't recommend the time wasted on this novella. There's better books out there deserving of that time.

Cover musings:

I like it. It's dark but I feel it fits the book well.

Favorite moment:

- The scene in Serena's kitchen the morning after the robbery… Hot, silly, and fun.
- When Serena finally gets to tie Nick up… His reactions were so funny.

★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! This is an award-free blog, while the sentiment is appreciated, a comment is praise enough. ^.^